woensdag 17 augustus 2016

Yay summer was here


how pretty are these sunflowers???

And it already passed by. HOWEVER in a desperate attempt to keep the summer vibes alive, today we're going to talk about iced tea. Homemade iced tea that is. I love everything homemade. Even if an attempt to make something homemade tasted like crap, I would still pretend it tasted great (only to the boyfriend, never on the blog - don't want to make you gag).

This iced tea thing. It hasn't got anything to do with Lipton ice tea. Or Nestea. No it's not sugar-y, it's not sparkling (Is iced tea ever sparkling? I'm in doubt.) But it's probably the most refreshing thing in the world. Or in my world at least. And it looks good too. So if you're planning on an Instagram worthy barbecue (in case the weather ever gets better), this is the way to go.
What you need (about 4 long drink glasses)
  • 10g of green tea (I use loose tea, probably works with 2 - 3 tea bags as well)
  • Some sprigs of mint
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 peach
  • Honey
  • 1l of cold tap water
  • Ice cubes!

What you do
  • Put the green tea in a jug. 
  • Add the mint, 2 - 3 slices of lemon, 2 - 3 slices of peach.
  • Add the tap water.
  • Put in the fridge for about 8 hours (I just do it overnight).
  • Pour the ice tea through a sifter.
  • Add again some mint and some peach (I wouldn't add anymore lemon, might start tasting to sour).
  • When you serve it, prep the glass with some peach, some mint, a teaspoon of honey (or more if you have a major sweet tooth) and some ice cubes. 
  • Give it a good stir: honey doesn't mix that well with cold ice tea. Maybe some cane sugar might be an idea as well #notetoself
  • All done, ready for your summer fiesta. Arrriba!
Honest to God I just had half a jug of iced tea while I was writing this (about 5 - 10 min), even though it's pouring outside. I just love how refreshing this is! OK it's not full of sugar like some might like, but I really feel as if this is how iced tea was intended to be. Refreshing.

I was thinking it might also taste great with some grated ginger. Should try that next! 
How do you guys feel about a "not too sugar-y" iced tea?

Love,
Julie

1 opmerking: