zondag 1 januari 2017

Camembert fondue

oven baked Camembert fondue - yum!

All the best for 2017 y'all!   While I'm digging into my first bowl of oatmeal of the year, I'm mentally preparing myself for my first run of 2017. Sleep deprivation makes it a tad harder to shift to the right gear today, but I'm totally excited for this new year. There are people for whom life just continues - New Years Eve or not. Of course I know I can't expect magic changes to have happened overnight, but still I feel as if I get some kind of "new chance"?


However, no resolutions for the next 365 days. Like I wrote before: I just want to keep focusing on being healthy and taking care of myself and my loved ones. As simple (and as hard) as that!

Of course we celebrated with friends yesterday. Everyone took care of some part of the dinner. Today I'd like to share with you the appetizer we brought to the party: oven baked Camembert. So simple and good, total comfort food.

What you need (6 people)

  • 1 Camembert cheese
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • Some sprigs of thyme
  • Some dried juniper berries
  • 1 tbsp vermouth
  • 1-2 baguettes
What you do
  • Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
  • Remove the plastic foil from the Camembert and put the cheese back in the basket.
  • Cut the top of the Camembert cheese as on the picture.
  • Pour over the vermouth.
  • Chop op the garlic in small slices.
  • Add the garlic, thyme and berries to the cheese as depicted.
  • Put the top on the basket.
  • Line a tray with baking paper, put the cheese on the tray. 
  • Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
  • Voilà, serve with some baguette and you're all good!
How did you celebrate the new year? 

Love,
Julie

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten