maandag 25 juli 2016

And we're back from...


FRANCE! Had a wedding there on Friday, so we squeezed in some days before - holidays yay! Of course I was already looking forward to some time off for ages. Mental prep is half of the joy.


When looking back to the food we had before our trip, I feel as if I tried sneaking in some Mediterranean vibes already. Besides our trip to Ikea two Fridays ago. Picked up a ton of food there just because we could.


And you know what: food was great last week. According to me at least. I found a great recipe for couscous that made me feel like: yep. This is how it's done. You know when you buy a couscous salad in store? I feel as if there's two kinds: the disgusting ones and the OK ones. The disgusting ones: all those that have raisins in them. Don't ask; I got something against them. The OK ones: the ones that have no raisins and plenty stuff besides. But I never really found a GREAT couscous salad in store.

Maybe I am kind of a food snob (at times). But then when I do find a recipe I like, I'm like: ka-tchiiiing. Like what I had with this recipe: couscous salad with plenty of greens (more greens than grains, that's how we roll). So please try this, you won't regret it. And it's super duper easy.



What you need (2 servings)

  • 70g of bulgur 
  • Bunch of flat parsley
  • Bunch of mint
  • 1 spring onion
  • 1/2 green pepper
  • 2 good tomatoes
  • 1 - 1,5 lemons
  • Olive oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 4 - 6 merguez sausages (of course we had 6, cause we're beasts)

What you do

  • WARNING: before you continue it's important to know that everything needs to be as fresh as possible. So don't start adding the tomatoes and lemon juice two hours before you're actually going to eat. Mushy couscous salad is the enemy.
  • Prepare bulgur as mentioned on package. Let it cool.
  • Dice the tomatoes.
  • Chop the spring onion and green pepper. Add some salt.
  • From the lemons we need the juice and the zest.
  • Chop the parsley and the mint - to taste. Just add as much as you want. But remember: more greens than grains.
  • About 10 min before you plan on digging in, you put the merguez on the grill.
  • Add all the salad ingredients. Bring to taste with pepper, salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
  • Add the merguez sausages.
  • Damn, dig in. This thing got me hungry already.

Love,
Julie

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten