maandag 18 juli 2016

Just sprinkle shit



Over the last couple of years I always used to have breakfast with something I like to call “apple pie oatmeal”. It’s basically the combination of rolled oats, diced apple, raisins and cinnamon. Now the thing with this apple pie oatmeal – just like with real apple pie – is that there’s no such thing as “enough”. Lazy cook as I am, I don’t want to use scales or whatever in the morning. So I just poured some oatmeal in my pan, some days double the amount of the previous.  And of course I ate it all. Not that I have a problem with too much food because there’s simply no such thing as “too much food”. 

I called the apple pie story quits. And that’s when I switched to granola. Homemade, of course, because I’m such a show-off. Mornings became way easier from that moment on: wake up – (go for a run) - put granola in bowl – eat. Done. No more stirring, no more worrying about burned oatmeal. NO. You go through the whole baking process once every week and then you’re done for the next 5 – 7 days. The only thing left is to EAT. EAT EAT EAT. Isn’t that what we all love best?

And about the quantity problem: I only use the granola to top off my yogurt and fruits. Mostly pomegranate. I love pomegranate. And it’s easy as well: you can take out the seeds in the weekend, so you just have to sprinkle shit on top of your yogurt (doesn’t sound very appetizing, I know). And then granola after. And then you’re done.

Also want an easy – shit sprinkling – morning? Read on!

What you need
  • 100 g rolled oats
  • 40 g of mixed nuts
  • 15 g coconut oil
  • 65 g honey
  • Salt
  • Cinnamon
  • Optional: ginger

What you do
  • Pre-heat oven at 165°C.
  • Combine the oats with the nuts
  • Combine coconut oil and honey. Heat the mixture and stir a bit until completely combined.
  • Pour the coconut oil + honey on top of the oats + nuts.
  • If you like ginger, grate some ginger over the mixture.
  • Add the cinnamon and salt.
  • Mix until well combined.
  • Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put the granola on top.
  • Put in the oven for about 15 min until golden brown. If you feel as if it might start getting burnt before the 15 min are over, take it out.
  • Take it out of the oven and let it cool.
  • Store in an airtight jar. Now you should have breakfast for about a week.
  • Bon’ap!


What do you normally have for breakfast? Any idea on what I could add to my standard granola recipe?

Love,


Julie

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten